MEET THE TEAM
Anita completed her grooming training back in 2006. Upon completing her training and gaining her City & Guilds qualifications, she has worked in a busy grooming salon in West London for just over 3 years, and then returned to her training centre where she has worked for 6 years as a qualified dog grooming teacher and assessor for the City & Guilds Level 3 Introductory to Dog Grooming Certificate 7763-03. Anita was also awarded a Licentiateship of the City and Guilds Institute (L.C.G.I.) in Dog Grooming back in 2010. Currently Anita is working towards her City & Guilds Level 4 Higher Diploma in Dog Grooming, in which she has already achieved 6 modules out of 9. She has also completed the Level 3 Award in Education and training (PTLLS).
Anita has regularly participated in grooming competitions and has won many awards over the past 5 years including Reserved Best In Show.
- • Reserved Best in Show at Premier Groom 2014
- • 1st place in experienced poodle group at Premier Groom 2014
- • 1st place in the workshop group at Mastergroom 2013
- • Best advanced groomer at the English Groomers Challenge 2012
- • 1st place in the clipped terrier group at The English Groomers Challenge 2012
- • 1st place in the workshop group at The English Groomers Challenge 2012
- • 2nd place in the advanced pot-pouri group at the British Dog Grooming Championships 2011
- • 2nd place in the Advanced Gundog class at Premier Groom 2011
- • 2nd place in the Gundog class at Mastergroom 2011
- • 1st place in the hand strip terrier group at the British Dog Grooming Championships 2010.
- • 2nd place in beginner poodle class at the English Groomers Challenge 2010
Anita is also currently busy pursuing another passion of hers by studying for a BSc in Planetary Science with Astronomy at the University of London, Birkbeck.
Having graduated with a BA in Public Relations and Management from University College Kensington, Alex has spent 7 years working as a merchandiser in the fashion industry. In 2011 she decided to pursue her real passion, dog grooming, and trained to become a Professional Dog Groomer. At the end of her course she gained the City & Guilds Level 3 Introductory to Dog Grooming Certificate.
Alex then spent a year working for a busy grooming and doggy day care salon in south west London before returning to her training center, where she started as a dog grooming teaching assistant before becoming a qualified teacher after achieving her City & Guilds 7763-03 Professional Diploma in Dog Grooming. Alex has been teaching dog grooming for two and a half years. Alex is currently working towards her City & Guilds Level 4 Higher Diploma in Dog Grooming of which she has already completed several modules with distinctions.
Alex also enjoys competing and has won the following awards:
- • 1st place in pot-pouri experienced class at the British Dog Grooming Championship 2013
- • 3rd place in the pure breed experienced class at the English Groomers Challenge 2013
- • 3rd place in the pure breed novice/beginner class at the Mastergroom 2013
- • 1st place in the pure breed beginner class at the English Groomers Challenge 2012
- • 2nd place in the pure breed scissor newcomer class at the British Dog Grooming Championship 2012
- • 1st place in the student team event at the British Dog Grooming Championship 2012
Peter completed his grooming training back in 2011 achieving the City & Guilds Level 3 Introductory to Dog Grooming Certificate, and is currently working towards the City & Guilds Professional Diploma in Dog Grooming. Peter really enjoys grooming and working with dogs, and happily splits his time between grooming, day care and walking, and keeping the Salon running smoothly.
Peter has 5 years of experience working in the best grooming salons in London, both as dog groomer and dog walker. This includes extensive hands-on experience of working with disabled dogs as a result of work at two dog hydrotherapy centres.